Wednesday, November 18, 2009

1st Official Post!!

So this being my 1st official post I'm having thoughts like will anyone actually read or respond to this thing? Should I keep this private for myself? etc. I guess we will see.

What can you expect from this blog?....blunt honesty,some humor,info on important issues,& since this is My blog I won't be making excuses or asking for pardons on my reactions or thoughts/opinions but that being said I welcome others thoughts and opinions as well. Also as a side effect this will update people on the general happenings of my life and how I'm feeling about them.

So the following is just a random thought I had yesterday...

Why do people I've known a matter of days or months think it's ok to call me by my nick name "BRITT" and on the other hand why do I really care?

I don't know why I care really but it just seems to me that nicknames are given by the close friends and family in our lives. Those few people that know you the best or at least have known you longer than a mere couple of months. As of late I've had several people (whom I've known less than 3 months) call me "Britt" on a regular basis and it always seems to be in a sort of condescending tone with a sort of attitude to it. To me this is not the function of such pleasantries. These sort of nick names or pet names should be said with love or maybe come from a funny circumstance that you shared with someone in the past.

So to the question why do I care? I guess in the big picture of life I don't but it's just something I've noticed especially lately, that kinda pricks me the wrong way. Now if you think you are one of these people don't get all upset or offended just speaking my mind not trying to place blame or make anyone feel bad.

What do y'all think? Yes kind of a silly little post tonight but that's the beauty of a blog it's completely up to you what you post. Future post I'm sure will be more profound, but what can I say the name of my blog is "Quirky Thoughts to the World"

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!!! You're such a cool bloggy gal! Um, yeah. So growing up people always tried to call me "Kris" and I would cry and cry and say, "That's a boy's name!!" So, I've had a long standing aversion to any trucation of my name. So, I get it. But, really, Britt is way way cuter than Kris. I'm just saying. . . .

    ReplyDelete